Monday, January 26, 2009

January 26, 2009

Wow have things been busy! I am coaching the academic team at school, working 5 days a week, teaching one night a week, and being wife and mother to my men! Needless to say, my housework has gone on the backburner. I just try to enjoy spending time with my family and friends.

The state (of Georgia) significantly cut the education budget recently and our county is now trying to cut over 8 million dollars from their budget. Well, when 80% of your budget is salaries - the news doesn't look good. I am in a precarious situation. I have over 8 years of teaching experience. But, this is only my second year in this county and have no idea if I will have a job next year. Also, my old system is under a hiring freeze. Education is in the same boat as so many other industries. Please pray that our economy straightens out sooner rather than later. I am still so fortunate and blessed!

1 comment:

Phillips Family said...

I like the new background and the pick of me and Andrew! I am sure your job will be fine, and if not I have no worries about you bouncing back! You are in the same boat as everyone else, they let a guy go at my company last week, just hoping I am not next!

It's all good!

It's all good!

Zach & Zoey

Zach & Zoey

Chillin'

Chillin'

Followers